It’s Saturday morning. You’ve just woken up to the sound of rain splattering against your window. You peer outside and see it’s still a bit gray out—clouds cover the blue sky and you can almost feel the chill of the wind through the window. That’s when you think to yourself, “I think I’m going to stay in bed all day.”
Let’s face it. There are days when you just don’t want to leave the house. Nothing sounds better than snuggling up on the couch with your favorite book, a great movie or even your dog or cat. Sometimes, you feel so lazy, you can’t even get out of the house to grab a cup of coffee.
Lucky for you, we have the perfect recipe for the best homemade latte you’ll ever have—perfect for those chilly, rainy days where you just can’t seem to get out of the house (let alone off of the couch!).
Ingredients: coffee and milk (yup! That’s it!)
- Brew up your favorite coffee (we recommend the Super Tuscan or 40 Sardines for a rich, smooth taste).
- As the coffee is brewing, heat 1 to 1½ cups of milk in a saucepan. If you are looking for a rich, creamy latte, use 2% milk. If you’re looking for skinny coffee, give skim or 1% a try (and remember—you can always try something new like almond milk, rice milk or soy milk!).
- Whisk the heating milk into froth (WARNING: you will get a bit of an arm workout!).
- Pour the coffee into your favorite mug, leaving a bit of room at the top for some milk.
- Drizzle the milk over the coffee, holding some froth back with a spoon.
- Finish up the pour by layering froth on the tippy top of the beverage.
- If you like it sweet, add some sugar, vanilla extract, a dusting of cinnamon or honey. We recommend staying away from non-dairy creamers—they’re just not as satisfying!
Now it’s time to snuggle up on the couch, throw a blanket over yourself and enjoy your rainy, chilly day at home—and it all starts with a DIY latte. You deserve it, right?