Join the Adventure
Contest Begins January 1, 2013
Submit a photo that shows off yourself and The Roasterie brand for a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime adventure in Costa Rica! Be sure the photo clearly shows The Roasterie name, logo, product packaging, café, factory, or some other representation of our brand. And creativity counts!
Examples of photo subjects:
- You enjoying your ritual morning coffee in a mug from The Roasterie
- An epic moment in your life that The Roasterie was a part of
- You on the Great Wall of China with a sign that says “I love The Roasterie”
Semifinalist Prizes (14)
- A retro lunchbox featuring The Roasterie logo
- Two bags of The Roasterie coffee
- A bean picking trip for two to Costa Rica
- Bean Baron training (Shadow Danny O’Neill, the Bean Baron, for a day)
- A one-on-one cupping and coffee-blending session with our cupping experts
- 10 Tickets to The Roasterie’s 20th Anniversary Celebration
- $200 gift certificate to a Kansas City Originals restaurant
- $100 gift certificate for The Roasterie
It's easy to enter
- Complete the contest entry form by clicking here and attach a fun, amazing, or creative photo that shows you enjoying The Roasterie brand. Remember, the photo must clearly show the brand (e.g., The Roasterie name, logo, product packaging, café, factory, or some other representation of our brand.)
- Website visitors will vote for a new semifinalist by the 1st and 15th of every month throughout the 6-month contest entry submission period. Be sure to tell your friends, family, co-workers, and mailman to click on the Look and vote! tab and vote for your photo — and to keep coming back to vote for it again every two weeks until you win a semifinalist spot. Winning entries will be posted on the Viewer favorites tab.
- After the submission period is officially closed, the grand prize winner will be selected by The Roasterie from among the 14 semifinalists.
Vote for Your Favorite Photo!
How can you improve your chances of winning a bean picking trip to Costa Rica? By getting the most votes! Ask your friends, family members and colleagues to vote for YOUR photo. The photo that wins the most votes in a 2-week period will automatically become a semifinalist. And remember—you can vote more than once! You’re allowed to vote once every 24 hours so make sure you get your friends and family to help you win! Click here to vote for your favorite photo!
All entries must be submitted before June 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. At this time, the contest will close and all entries/votes will be final. At the end of each voting period (see below), the vote count for each non-winning photo entry will be reset at zero, but the entries will remain active for voting in subsequent voting periods. Entries submitted during previous voting periods will be eligible for new votes at the beginning of each voting period. Only the votes collected within the defined voting period will be taken into account to determine that period’s winner (semifinalist).
Voting closes at 11:59 p.m. on the following days:
- Voting Period 1 – January 15, 2013
- Voting Period 2 – January 31, 2012
- Voting Period 3 – February 15, 2013
- Voting Period 4 – February 28, 2013
- Voting Period 5 – March 15, 2013
- Voting Period 6 – March 31, 2013
- Voting Period 7 – April 15, 2013
- Voting Period 8 – April 30, 2013
- Voting Period 9 – May 15, 2013
- Voting Period 10 – May 31, 2013
- Voting Period 11 – June 15, 2013
- Voting Period 12 – June 30, 2013
Announcing contest results
- Each voting period’s semifinalist will be announced the week following (within 7 days of) the close of the voting period.
- The Grand Prize Winner, First Runner-up and Second Runner-up will be announced by July 18th.
- Grand Prize announcement will be promoted via:
- Social media
- The Roasterie website